Early Book Review: Risk It All (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters) by Katie Ruggle

Risk It All is the second book in the Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters series by Katie Ruggle. I do recommend reading this series in order, to have all of the characters in context, but I think newcomers could enjoy most of the story even without having read the previous book. It is currently scheduled for release on December 31 2019. 

Cara Pax never wanted to be a bounty hunter. She's happy to leave chasing criminals and tackling skips to her sisters. But if she wants her dreams of escaping the family business to come true, she's got one last job to finish. Only problem is, she doesn't think her bounty is guilty. Henry Kavenski is a man with innocence to prove. When he realizes that Cara believes him, he'll do anything to keep her out of harm's way. Escaping criminals and dodging cops might not be the best time to fall in love, but Henry and Cara won't give up, not when there's a chance at a new life ahead—if they can survive the fall.
Risk It All is a good continuation of the series, and I think I enjoyed it more than the first. Cara was such a great character and I loved getting to know her better. Henry was a fun character to slowly discover as the layers of his personality were revealed. The danger elements were nicely balanced with the banter that I love so much in Ruggle's books. Seeing Cara come into her own and I enjoyed seeing her strength and determination play such an important part in the story. I was surprised a couple times along the way, and I enjoyed every moment of the ride. I will be continuing with this series. 

Risk It All is another great read from Ruggle with a blend of heat, sweet, and danger to keep readers turning pages past our bedtimes. 

No comments: