Book Review: Look Down and See Natural Wonders of the World: A Bird's Eye View of 12 of the World's Greatest Natural Wonders by Bethany Lord

Look Down and See Natural Wonders of the World: A Bird's Eye View of 12 of the World's Greatest Natural Wonders by Bethany Lord is a children's nonfiction book. It features illustrated versions of the Great Barrier Reef, Mount Everest, Victoria Falls, and other stunning geographic features look from a bird’s-eye view, which is close enough to see some detail but grants a new perspective to the viewer. Simple explanatory text introduces readers to each wonder, providing key facts and context as well as encouraging readers to take in the exciting visuals.

Look Down and See Natural Wonders of the World is an interesting book. I like that there are interactive parts of the pictures, inviting readers to find and count certain features. I really liked the informational text boxes that taught me things about each location. I found the facts to be very interesting and I learned more than a few things as I read. It was interesting to see an aerial view of the locations, and the illustrations were technically solid. I thought that they were be a little more realistic and less cartoony or stylized when I read the description of the book. The style did make it easier to find the items that readers are encouraged to count and was bold to hold the attention of younger readers, but I was a little disappointed.

Look Down and See Natural Wonders of the World is a great book for young readers that want to know more about the wider world, and who enjoy seek and find style challenges. 

No comments: