Early Book Review: The Nanny Rules by Melynda Price

The Nanny Rules by Melynda Price is currently scheduled for release on August 12 2019.  Since becoming a single father, I have two things that keep me sane—my daughter Lily and playing football for the NFL. But when my meddling sister hires a nanny without my knowledge, I’m not thrilled to come home and find the woman has taken over my house. Our instant attraction is one more complication I don’t need in my life. But my daughter loves Amelia, and I will do anything for that tiny munchkin. Even if it means walking around with blue balls most of the time. Why does the nanny have to be so sweet—and drop dead gorgeous? She’s driving me crazy. Never in my life have I wanted a woman more. I just need to make it through this season. I can do that. Hands free, of course. But then there’s that moment, and I know she’s thinking what I’m thinking and, well, yeah. 


The Nanny Rules is a contemporary romance that hit all the sweet spots for the feels. Yes, it is the boo/nanny trope- but I love that Amelia loves Lily before even meeting her father. I liked that Amelia and Brody each have issues from their past that they need to deal with, issues of trust and hope that they need to work on for themselves before moving forward. I liked that while Brody and Amelia were guarding their feelings and their hearts, they both loved Lily and put her first in just about everything. I also enjoy the way Brody related to his team and coach, I liked that he had that support and camaraderie available to him. I just thought the connection between the characters, and their fears, were spot on and written very well. I found myself grinning or cringing as I read as they tried to find their way toward their own peace and their happy ever after. I liked the secondary characters as well. I want more about a few of Brody's teammates and coach, and his sister as well. The complications and struggles were all so real and heart felt that I was rooting for the characters right from the start. 
The Nanny Rules is a wonderful contemporary romance that has a good balance of heart and heat. Readers that are particularly fond of the boss/nanny trope and sports romance will really enjoy it. I think this was my first read from this author, but it will not be my last.

No comments: