Book Review: Courting the Cat Whisperer (Nocturne Falls) by Wynter Daniels

Courting the Cat Whisperer by Wynter Daniels is part of the Nocturne Falls series, which is shared by several authors. I am fairly certain that I have read a few books from this universe before, but they are all stand alones so no worries if you have not. 

Telepathic petsitter Jordan Vaughn wishes she could forget her checkered past. Despite her genuine efforts to make amends, she falls short every time. When she meets the guy of her dreams, she’s sure that her bad-luck streak is over. A head injury erased Harry Hill’s memory. Now, four years later, he’s built a new life in Nocturne Falls, complete with a gorgeous girlfriend. Everything is falling into place—until someone tries to kill him. But will the past he can’t remember jeopardize his future with Jordan?

Courting the Cat Whisperer was an engaging read, and I thought the characters were well done. Jordan seems to bring disaster in her wake. She cannot cook, and makes simple mistakes that seem to make the lives of her twin and soon to be brother in law harder. I liked her resiliency, although I admit to getting angry on her behalf several times- as those that should stick up for her seem to add to her distress time and again. Harry seems to have come through some hard times of his own, and made a new life for himself with a good deal of confidence and ability. I really liked the two characters together, and how they came to trust in each other and balance each other well. I thought the sleuthing and danger element was fairly mild, while there was danger and a few high suspense moments at no point was I really worried for Jordan or Harry's lives or future.  I thought the mystery of Harry's past was well written, and I liked getting to know the characters of a second town- that made me want to read more from Daniels to see what would happen there next. 

Courting the Cat Whisperer is a fun and entertaining read with a nice balance of mystery and romance.
 

No comments: