Early Book Review: The Matchmaker's Match (Man's Best Friend) by Nicole Flockton

The Matchmaker's Match is the third book in the Man's Best Friend series by Nicole Flockton. While there are recurring characters in the series, each book can be fully enjoyed as a stand alone as well. This book is currently scheduled for release on June 18 2019.

The last person Meredith Turner expects to see at her best friend’s wedding rehearsal dinner is the guy she had a one night stand with. What’s worse, Lincoln Forrest is the best man and as maid of honor, her partner. To add insult to injury, she has to leave the rehearsal dinner early, and Lincoln is the one to help her with a deeply personal problem. The aftermath of that night brings big changes for them both. Lincoln Forrest has helped his best friend meet the woman of his dreams, but recently he’s made a series of bad decisions, the biggest being leaving his career with the Army. Now the former K-9 handler is looking for a new career and trying to get his life back on track. Helping Meredith in her time of need connects her to him more than he expected. On a mission to right the wrong he created, Linc will do whatever is needed. But when the attraction that first drew them together flares to life again, will the obstacles between them be too much to overcome? Or has the matchmaker met his match?

The Matchmaker's Match is a sweet romance where the biggest conflicts are Meredith and Linc dealing with their own history, doubts, and mistakes. I liked Meredith's character, and even when I did not agree with her decisions I could understand her thought process and how she got there. With Linc, I just liked his character. He is a good guy that is going through a huge transition in life and trying o find his way. I enjoyed seeing them find each other, support each other, and ultimately find their HEA. I will admit that there were moments where it all felt too simple, too easy for our couple. However, I still really enjoyed the read and often found myself smiling as I read, so it was a winner. Most of all, I found myself interested in some of the secondary characters, so going back to read the one book I missed, and reading the next book (which I hope features Linc's sister) are on my to do list.

The Matchmaker's Match is a heart warming contemporary romance. I was nice to see two characters at a crossroads in their lives find their way together.

No comments: