Book Review: Revving Her Heart (Blacke Brothers) by Cadence Von

Revving Her Heart is the first book in the Blacke Brothers series by Cadence Vonn. After the sudden death of Allison Lorde's father in a motorcycle accident, she vows never to love a man who rides the beastly machines. But when a memory from her past rides up on his bike, looking all bad-boy sexy, the sweet promise of a shared kiss long ago makes it difficult to deny his steamy seduction. Nick Blacke's number one passion is motorcycles until the gangly girl he'd kissed as a teen shows up with womanly curves that beckon to be explored. She seems eager to let him and even embraces his penchant for kink, but when he wants more, he realizes revving her engines might be easier than revving her heart.

Revving Her Heart is a contemporary romance with a lot of heart. Allison is dealing with the loss of her father, and a less than loving relationship with her mother. She is trying to come to terms with it all when Nick comes back into her life.They each have their own fears and doubts, but Al's seem to be much heavier to bear, and sometimes cut the deepest. I also like that they really had some struggles but in the end compromised and worked things out like adults rather than just ignoring the issues that might cause issues down the road.  I liked the banter and connection between the pair, although even with their history I do think some things moved more quickly than I expected. However, I really enjoyed the story as a whole. I do need to say that there were a couple moments that I had to go back and reread previous pages because I missed how they got to a certain location or in mentioned outfits, sometimes giving up and just going with it. This is definitely a book with plenty of heat, and exploration of some kink. So, if you prefer your romance without some serious sex scenes, then you might want to skip this. The heat starts fairy early and regularly makes itself known. I really liked the secondary characters, and want to see how Nick's brothers find their own happy endings, not to mention Hailey and Rebecca. So, while I enjoyed but did not love this read, I do find that I like the author's voice and want to continue reading about whatever might happen next.

Revving Her Heart is a good romance, and I can see a great deal of potential for this series. I will definitely be giving the next book a read.

No comments: