Book Review: Forgotten Love (Bound By Love) by J.M. Davies

Forgotten Love is the first book in the Bound By Love series by J.M. Davies. I’m an ex-Navy SEAL. A wounded warrior with a hard-ass exterior and a checkered past to match. All I care about is my outdoor survival business—teaching others the skills they need to survive in the face of danger. But fate has a wicked sense of humor. From out of nowhere this brunette-beauty with the easy smile and doe-eyes walks into my life…and it’s not the first time. Summer doesn’t remember me. But she’s the one I can’t forget. I know that she’s in danger, and I’ll gladly give in to every protective instinct I have when it comes to keeping her safe. There’s a reason fate sent her my way for a second time. Only, this time…I won’t fail her.
Forgotten Love is a nice start to a series, introducing a good selection of secondary characters that I want to know more about. I liked Summer's character, she had grit and even though she was fighting through some serious things, which made her feel weak, she did what she had to do in order to survive. I disagreed with some of her choices, but could understand them and felt like they were all in character for her. Rafe has just as many issues, if not more than Summer, and is fighting through them in his own way. Like Summer, I did not always agree with the choices he made- although they all fit in his character and I could understand them. I really liked some of the secondary character and want to follow Nicki's future, and what happens with Rafe and his crew in the future. I did not like that a great deal was dumped on the reader at the very end, leaving me with questions, so many questions, about what is going to happen next. Oh, and fair warning for those that prefer romance with little to no sex, this is not that book. There is a great deal of heat in this book, and if you do not like an alpha male in that context then be forewarned- because there is a significant amount of that to be found. 

Forgotten Love is a good contemporary romance with plenty of heart and heat.

No comments: