Book Review: Corner to Corner Crochet: 15 Contemporary C2C Projects by Jess Coppom

Corner to Corner Crochet: 15 Contemporary C2C Projects by Jess Coppom is a good introduction to 
corner to corner crochet--also known as C2C crochet. This style can be a good way to create colorful, graphic designs without having to learn complex colorwork techniques. Using basic crochet stitches you can create stunning, contemporary designs for home decor items and accessories. This is a collection of 15 modern projects all made using the C2C technique. Choose from patterns for six different afghans or blankets including a monochrome chunky throw and a beautiful Mexican style blanket. Other projects include pillows, a bathroom rug and some stunning items to wear such as a poncho, shawl and cowl.

Corner to Corner Crochet: 15 Contemporary C2C Projects was the perfect reading choice for me this weekend. I have been looking to start a new afghan, and frogged the last couple I started just because I did not really like the look or feel of them after I got a few inches in. I have always been in awe of those that take the time for serious color work in their crochet, but have never been willing to take that leap. I think with this book I am about to make that jump, because complex color work and color grams make so much more sense and seem much more accessible with the c2c technique than in more traditional stitches. The tips and tricks to help organize the colors and keep things untangled and working smoothly were wonderful and well worded. I think newer crocheters will be able to follow the instructions fairly well, and more experienced crafters will still find new and useful bits of information and inspiration to keep their minds and hooks moving along.

No comments: