Book Review: Slothilda: Living the Sloth Life by Dante Fabiero

Slothilda: Living the Sloth Life is a collection of comics by Dante Fabiero. Are you a fan of carbs, the internet, and naps? Slothilda is your spirit animal! From former Simpsons animator Dante Fabiero comes this all-too-real comic series about an adorable little sloth who's driven by her desire for self-improvement. Slothilda explores an inner conflict we can all relate to―the desire to succeed and grow, while paradoxically dealing with the ever present temptation to sloth. With themes related to work, fitness, food, shopping, and pets―this book shows that you're not the only sloth at heart.

Living the Sloth Life is a cute, fun read. I had not seen the comics from the blog previously, so it was all new to me. I related to some of the images and thoughts, but not all, which  is usually the case with collections. However, I really like the artwork, I thought Slothilda was very cute. I liked the inherent honest the author has in sharing the desire we all have to eat and rest as often as we want, and the over exaggeration of the lack of motivation made it funny while making the reader feel better about the things they do and their choices. I am feeling much more accomplished with the amount of work, cleaning, and reasonably healthy eating I do after seeing the sloth version of such activities.

No comments: