Book Review: Book Love by Debbie Tung

Book Love by Debbie Tung is a collection of comics and such about the everyday life and thoughts of a book lover. There is humor and relatable moments for every reader that has trouble leaving a bookstore or library empty handed, or simply enjoys relaxing with a good book and a cup of tea.

I related to Book Love quite a bit, although I will admit that I spend much less time in bookshops and libraries (as a patron) that I used to. I enjoyed the tone and simplicity of the individual comics. I was kind of sad that I had seen so many of them on social media platforms before having read the book, I wish there were more new work included. However, all of the comics are timeless and struck home on some level, even if I am more likely to be reading and ebook and buying the print books for my kids rather than myself. 

I think Book Love is a sweet and enjoyable book. It would be the perfect gift book for any book lover, although those that refrain from social media and have not seen Tung's work before will likely appreciate it more than those that have seen her work online previously. 

No comments: