Book Review: Super Chill: A Year of Living Anxiously by Adam Ellis

Super Chill: A Year of Living Anxiously by Adam Ellis is a collection of comics that handle some tough
topics like seasonal affective disorder and struggles with self-esteem, while also touching on the silly and absurd—like his brief, but intense obsession with crystals. 

Super Chill is both funny and poignant. Those of us that are more introverted can relate to to his need to recharge at home, and his desire to avoid large groups of people. I could see a bit of myself in a good number of his comics, aside from the ones about drinking or being high- unless you count how I feel after a dose of cold or allergy medication. I enjoy his art style and think that anyone that has dealt with depression, anxiety, or just not wanting to go out in the world to deal with people will enjoy the read. All of the included comics are ones I had not seen, so I found it to be doubly entertaining and it inspired me to go out and follow Adam on more than just Facebook.

Super Chill is exactly what I was hoping for when I requested the title on Netgalley. I like Adam's art style and sense of humor- and can relate to most of his experiences. I have seen some of his work before, and was not disappointed in this collection.

No comments: