Book Review: Rock Legend (Nothing But Trouble) by Tara Leigh

Rock Legend is the second book in the Nothing But Trouble series by Tara Leigh. I have not read the first book, but think other newcomers will be able to jump into the series as easily as I did. 

Most people know Landon as the drummer for Nothing but Trouble. Depending who you ask, he is also a playboy, a loner, the life of the party, a screw-up, or according to my fans, "The Sexiest Rock Star on the Planet." It's a reputation that has been earned behind my drum kit and behind closed doors. No one thought foster kid Landon Cox would become famous. Infamous, maybe. Notorious, probably. But successful? Never. No one except Piper Hastings. But he had to make a choice and picked fame and fortune over Piper, and spent every damn day since pretending there were no regrets. Now fate's dropped Piper back into his life and it could be a second chance. But while he is ready to give her a few great nights, he is not quite sure he can give Piper a future.

Rock Legend is a second chance romance and a redemption romance. Landon drinks too much, parties too much, and makes extra big mistakes. Leaving Piper when offered an opportunity with hs band was his biggest mistake- and neither him or Piper are sure they can ever go back now that they are thrown together.  I thought both characters were well written and complex, and I liked some of their interaction. I really like for Landon's issues were handled, never sweeping them under the rug or making them easily solved. He had his demons to face, and he had to make the chose to do so. I thought that was real and emotionally genuine. I liked Piper for the most past, particularly when she is on the job or with others. I do have to admit that I found her to be annoying on occasion, and I often felt that she needed to stick to her guns more in certain situations. While I enjoyed the book as a whole, I was a little let down with her character and she was really the only thing that I I did not consistently enjoy. 

Rock Legend is an entertaining and engaging read with plenty of emotion, growth, and action to keep readers turning pages. I will admit that at first glance I thought it was part of a different series, which is why I picked it up.

No comments: