Book Review: Kiss the Girl (Naughty Princess Club) by Tara Sivec

Kiss the Girl is the third, and final book, in the Naughty Princess Club series by Tara Sivec. I have read one, but not both, of the previous books. I think the romance can stand on its own, but those that have read the previous books will have a better understanding of the characters and their situations than newcomers.
A struggling antiques collector finds herself falling in love with a millionaire playboy; but can she ever be a part of his world? While her friends have broken free of their insecurities, Ariel Waters is struggling to come out of her shell. Her ex-husband took away her voice and her self-confidence, and Ariel is drowning under a sea of debt to afford the alimony she has to pay him. She refuses to ever fall for a man’s charms again, and is determined to make her own way. When her house and her beloved antiques are taken by the bank after too many missed payments, Ariel finds herself adrift until the infuriatingly charming Eric Sailor comes to her rescue. Although she can’t stand the millionaire playboy, Eric’s kindness and unconditional support reveal hidden depths and a love that Ariel never imagined she could find. But there are outside influences who will stop at nothing to keep them apart; can Ariel and Eric weather the storm and find a way to be together?

Kiss the Girl is charming and quirky, and a fun take on the Little Mermaid story. I love Ariel's character, she is outwardly strong and outspoken, but her bluster is meant to hide how insecure she really is. I could relate to her on several level- both in having escaped an abusive relationship and living the fake it til you make it lifestyle. I like how Eric saw through it but never took advantage of it, he liked her spunk and outspoke side and wants to help her be herself and find herself. He is occasionally sneaky, but never in a harmful way and always to do something that will support her. While I get annoyed with the "for her own good' actions because I would hate to be manipulated like that, it was well handled here. My only complaint is the same one I had for the previous book I read from Sivec is that I want to know what is going on in Eric's head. So often I wanted to 'see' some of the moments from his perspective. I also enjoyed story wrap ups included in the epilogue, giving me readers an extra look at all three princess's happy ever afters. 

Kiss the Girl is a fun and highly entertaining read. The characters and interactions were great fun and it was engaging. I look forward to reading more from the author.

No comments: