Early Book Review: Through the Fire (Rocky Mountain K-9 Unit) by Katie Ruggle

Through the Fire is the fourth book in the Rocky Mountain K-9 Unit series by Katie Ruggle. It is currently scheduled for release on August 7 2018. Kit Jernigan despairs of ever fitting in with her new tight-knit K9 unit. They've been through too much to open their arms to a stranger―and as mysterious fires begin raging across Monroe, she can't convince them to trust her long enough to catch the woman she knows is responsible. Wesley March, local fire spotter, knows Kit is right, and he's willing to help her prove it. But the more time they spend together, the closer they get...and the more danger they're in. A member of the K9 unit's inner circle is determined to get revenge―no matter who gets burned in the process. 
Through the Fire is a great romance, and I liked that the characters were a little different than those in previous books. Wes, or hero, is not the alpha male that I have come to expect. He is certainly brave and protective, but he has his own vulnerabilities and differences that make him stand out to me as my favorite guy in this series. Similarly, Kit stands out as a little different for our leading ladies from this series, and I love it. The banter and acceptance between our couple gave me the warm fuzzies from the very beginning, and the cuteness of their story only grew. I was frustrated right along side Kit when people did not accept her thoughts on what was happening, and adored how Sam and Wes reacted to her. I think this just might be my favorite in the series, and although it wraps up our police department's lives quite nicely, I am pretty excited that there is one more book coming for this series. 
Through the Fire is a wonderful continuation to the story, and I have to admit that I am thrilled to see there is one more book coming to this series, scheduled for release in October. 

No comments: