Book Review: Close to the Edge by Zara Cox

Close to the Edge by Zara Cox is a contemporary, suspense romance. The moment he meets sublime coding prodigy Lily Gracen, Caleb Steele knows his “never get involved with a client” rule is going to be broken. But not until he stops her stalker. Caleb might be in charge of Lily’s safety, but when they’re locked down in her Silicon Valley mansion she’s the master. For keeping his hands off Lily is bringing Caleb close to the edge of his control. 
Close to the Edge is a suspenseful read, not only with "when will they" but also with the stalker issue that brings our characters together. I like that both Lily and Caleb have their vulnerabilities, and that they are struggling with themselves as much as they are with what they want to happen, and what they think should happen. I did like the way they actually talked things out, for the most part, and kept working to find understanding for each other. Stubbornness and fear of getting hurt are their biggest enemies, and I think once they could admit that to themselves everything was bound to work out. I found Lily endearing in some of her ways, but was a little off put by her blacking out with every orgasm (or at least that's how it seemed to me) and how super observant protector guy never noticed. However, that was the only thing that really bothered me and otherwise I found the read to be entertaining and enjoyable.
Close to the Edge is an engaging read, and one that will keep you turning pages. I thought some of the sex was a little over the top, but that is more about my personal preferences than the writing. Not my perfect cup of tea, but definitely an entertaining ride. 

No comments: