Book Review: Romancing the Undead (V-Date) by Juliet Lyons

Romancing the Undead is the second book in the V-Date series by Juliet Lyons. While I have read the previous book, and it did give me a bit of insight on a few characters, I do not think it is needed to fully enjoy this read.

Mila Hart’s first experience with the vampire dating site V-Date.com is a complete disaster–her date is wanted for murder! But things turn around when she’s rescued by dashing vampire cop Vincent Ferrer. Dangerous and devastatingly attractive, he’s just the undead hottie Mila was hoping for. However Vincent is haunted by his past and does not want to risk falling in love again–even if Mila charms him more than anyone he’s ever met. But when the killer from Mila’s date seeks her out, Vincent is the only one who can protect her. Protecting his heart is a different story.

Romancing the Undead is a solid paranormal romance with a solid plot and danger and connections that were on point. I liked Mila's character, she was strong and aware of her flaws. She was not the mess she considered herself to be, but she certainly did find herself in less that ideal conditions on several occasions. Vincent was a good character as well, although I did find his attachment to guilt and his past to be a little much on occasion. I found the suspense plot line with the vampire murderer to be well done, although I admit that I suspected the twist, or something of its nature from the start. I do think that my favorite part was the characters, especially the supporting characters and hoe varied but real they all felt. From Vincent's co-workers, to the vampires, and beyond to Mila's friends and family, I found the little details about these characters and their lives made everything much more real as I read than the story would have been without them.



Romancing the Undead is an engaging read that had me entertained through out, and holding my breath more than once.  I do believe I will be continuing this series, and looking to see what happens to all the characters I have met on the edges of the story.

No comments: