Book Review: Baby Crochet Design: Hats and Boots by Graziana Materassi

Baby Crochet Design: Hats and Boots by Graziana Materassi that offers patterns matching caps and booties range in style from cute little animal motifs to fruit and flower-adorned costumes. Sixteen unique crochet patterns feature complete instructions for hats and booties, accompanied by full-color illustrations. A pretty pink piglet, wide-eyed owl, busy bee, sweet strawberry, and a tropical pineapple are but a few of the playful designs. The hat patterns can be adapted to accommodate the heads of older children as well.

Baby Crochet Design is a useful resource for those looking to make a variety of fun hats and matching booties for babies and young children. The owl and fruit hats were very cute, but I have to say that there were new designs that seemed fresh and new to me. They are ll worth making and learning the patterns for, but I did not find them overly special. Unfortunately there were also some minor formatting issues with the digital galley I received, which I havre to assume were fixed before the final version was released. There was nothing lacking or wrong with the patterns, my only problem was that I frequent several craft stores and craft communities and have seen similar patterns over the years.


Baby Crochet Design is a good resource for those looking to make a variety of baby hats and matching booties. I did not find the designs included to be anything new or previously unavailable, but they were cute.

No comments: