Early Book Review: Pure Soapmaking: How to Create Nourishing Natural Skin-Care Soaps by Anne-Marie Faiola

Pure Soapmaking: How to Create Nourishing Natural Skin-Care Soaps by Anne-Marie Faiola is a currently scheduled for release on February 9 2016. This is a great starter and instruction guide that explains the benefits and details of making your own cold process soaps. The book offers complete instructions, including the science and safety precautions needed. There are 32 recipes that range from simple castile bars to intricate swirls, embeds, and marbled and layered looks. There are photographs that guide you through the step-by-step instructions of cold-process soapmaking.

Pure Soapmaking is a well written and thoughtful instructional guide to the craft of making soaps. I find the idea of making cold-process soaps more than a little intimidating. However, I very much like knowing exactly what is in my skin care products- and those my children use. In this, the idea of crafting my own custom soaps is intriguing and desirable. I found the photography and text came together in a way that makes the process much less intimidating and much better understood. I think this is a much read for those just starting out in cold-process soap making and a handy resource to keep around and use for recipes and information even after feeling like you have mastered the basics. 

Pure Soapmaking is a wonderful and detailed guide to making your own soaps.  I have made my own soaps in the past, but never tried cold process soaps, since I find the use of lye more than a little intimidating. However, this book with its instructions and encouragement might help me make the leap. 

No comments: