Book Review: I Love Baby Animals: Fun Children's Picture Book with Amazing Photos of Baby Animals by David Chuka

I Love Baby Animals: Fun Children's Picture Book with Amazing Photos of Baby Animals by David Chuka is described as "perfect as a bedtime story and also for your loved ones who are learning to read". The book offers a collection of photographs and illustrations of animals and their young, encouraging children to guess the special name for each kind of baby animals.

I Love Baby Animals is a good concept, and my kids love animals so I thought this book would be a hit. However, I was disappointed in the cartoonish illustrations of the adult animals. The photographs of the baby animals were wonderful, as was the opportunity for my children to guess each name and learn a little something about each of the animals included. Illustrations of every style can be beautiful and well done, but here I felt like they were very amateurish.

I Love Baby Animals is great for introducing new vocabulary and for pictures of cute baby animals (most of which you can find online). However, the combination of cartoony illustrations and photographs just did not work for me.

No comments: