Early Book Review: Because I Stubbed My Toe by Shawn Byous

Because I Stubbed My Toe by Shawn Byous is a picturebook that made me very happy. The story starts with a young boy stubbing his toe, which sets off a chain reaction of events with a surprising ending. The events that transpire are wacky and the illustrations are wonderful. A fun and entertaining tale.


Because I Stubbed My Toe consists of a sequence of silly events. After a boy stubs his toe all sorts of wacky and silly things happen like a cat flying through the air, a bike crash, an elephant dash, and a deflated bouncy house. When all is said and done the young boy , the boy ends up with a sore toe, a sweet treat, and quite the story to share. I really like the illustrations, which make the events of the story even more entertaining.

I would highly recommend Because I Stubbed My Toe for the artwork alone, however the story and conversation possibilities make me think even more highly about the book. I think the book would serve well to make everyone laugh, but it could also start a great discussion about how thinks that seem to be bad just might bring about good things.

No comments: