Early Book Review: I'm the Scariest Thing in the Jungle by David G. Derrick Jr.

I'm the Scariest Thing in the Jungle! is a picturebook written and illustrated by David G. Derrick Jr. It is scheduled for release on October 8 2013. In India, the Bengal tiger is the king of the land while the giant saltwater crocodile is the king of the water. When the kids of these two fearsome beasts meet they compete to see who is really the scariest thing in the jungle. In their back and forth they discover just who rules their home.

I'm the Scariest Thing in the Jungle! is a fun story about two young animals playing 'Anything You Can Scare, I Can Scare Better!'. The tiger cub and little crocodile exchange witty words and compare their skills. They are truly well-matched adversaries, and their competition is great fun to witness. Of course, my favorite part is when a shadow looms and they discover who really rules their worlds.

I highly recommend I'm the Scariest Thing in the Jungle! for school, home, and library collections. The story is fun and engaging while sneaking in a bit of education about life in the jungles of India.The illustrations are cute and bold, perfectly matching the humor and adventure of the story.

For more information on the author, and his previous books, check out his website : www.davederrick.com

No comments: