Book Review: Uncle John's Smell-O-Scopic Bathroom Reader for Kids Only! by Bathroom Readers' Institute


Uncle John's Smell-O-Scopic Bathroom Reader for Kids Only! by Bathroom Readers' Institute is a fun and unique collection of facts and stories that can be read and enjoyed in even the shortest time limits. There are one line factoids about everything from pop culture to science, and disgusting facts. There are also larger bits of information that will interest even the most reluctant readers of all ages.

I requested Uncle John's Smell-O-Scopic Bathroom Reader for Kids Only! from NetGalley on a whim, and was glad I did. While this is not the most interesting or enlightening book I have ever read, it held a unique and widely varied collection of facts. I found myself learning new things about science and history that I thought I should have already known, and gleaned some less necessary and slightly more 'eww' worthy tidbits that will help me interest and entertain my son as he gets older.

Uncle John's Smell-O-Scopic Bathroom Reader for Kids Only! is a wacky collection of facts and stories that gives readers exactly what they would expect when they see the cover. The facts include everything for bits about sports, jokes, bodily functions, pop culture, word origins, insects, history, and any number of completely unexpected and unrelated topics. A wonderful bit of reading in sport bursts of time, and to glean facts to amaze or disgust others with later.

No comments: