Book Review: Ghoul Interrupted by Victoria Laurie

Ghoul Interrupted by Victoria Laurie was my TBR Challenge selection of the month. It is the sixth book in her Ghost Hunter series. In this book Mary Jane, or M.J. Holliday and her crew take an unexpected, and unwanted,break from their television show to help out when Heath's uncle is killed in New Mexico. M.J.'s spirit guide, and Heath's grandfather, Sam Whitefeather warns M.J. that there is a demon behind the death, and that all members of the Whitefeather clan are in danger. M.J., Heath, and Gilley go to pay their respects and try to overcome the demon. Gilley's skittishness and the closed nature of the Whitefeather clan only make everything more complicated.


Ghoul Interrupted was a good, fun read. I will admit that it has been so long since I indulged in reading a mystery from Laurie, that it took me awhile to remember the set up of the series, and where the last book had left readers. Since I have also read her Psychic Eye Mystery series novel, it was even harder to get back in the swing of things. However, I am glad I did. It was nice to get lost again in a cozy mystery, with no review deadline. Okay, so I am late for the suggested challenge review, but that is because I was trying to catch up on my NetGalley reviews.

I do not suggest jumping into either of Laurie's mystery series in the middle. But I do enjoy both, and think that anyone that enjoys cozy mysteries that have some psychic or mystic elements to them will enjoy her work. There is romance in the background, but in never interferes with the action of the story. In fact, I do not think M.J. and Heath ever get the chance to get a good love scene in this whole book, at least not uninterrupted.

No comments: