Book Review: Next Door Nightmare (Shut Up and Kiss Me, Book 3) by Jaqueline Snowe

Next Door Nightmare is the third book in the Shut Up and Kiss Me series by Jaqueline Snowe. You do not need to read this series in order, but there are references and characters from the previous stories so returning readers will get a bit more from the experience than newcomers. 

Leanora “Nora” Atwood has never grocery shopped or taken public transportation, but to access her trust, she’s required to live in the real world for three months—or marry. Nora has no interest in love, so a paper-only marriage is the obvious solution. And she knows the perfect groom—Anthony Carter, a fellow heir who owes her a huge favor. Fritz, rarely known as Anthony these days, takes advantage of his beard and Nora Atwood’s cluelessness when she mistakes him for a chauffeur. The eccentric socialite thinks her plan to cash in her chip with Anthony and marry him is brilliant, but Fritz almost got trapped in a loveless marriage once before, and it’s not going to happen again. Letting her think he’s someone else seems harmless until she turns out to be his neighbor. Nora, a total fish out of water, suckers Fritz into helping her navigate her newfound independence, and he learns the hard way that opposites attract, but if he doesn’t tell her his true identity before she stumbles on the truth, he’ll risk losing her forever.

Next Door Nightmare is a romance that started off great for me. I liked the quirky Nora, and the wounded Fritz. I liked the initial slow burn and actually really getting to know both of the characters. I liked that Nora general stood up for herself and that Fritz is very thoughtful and so close to the women in his life. I thought he was also a little manipulative, on occasion pushing for something Nora or others just were not comfortable with. The story had some really wonderful moments, and some that fell a little flat for me. I think fans of the series will enjoy it, and I am glad I read it because of the moments that I did love. However, I do not think I will go looking for more.   

Next Door Nightmare is a fun romance.

No comments: