Audiobook Review: You May Kiss the Groomsman (Meet me at the Altar) by Samantha Chase, Narrated by Avery Reid

You May Kiss the Groomsman is the third book in the Meet me at the Altar by Samantha Chase, but can be read and enjoyed on its own. The audiobook is narrated by Avery Reid.


When Josie Sullivan agrees to marry her friend Tyler, it’s just so he’ll get a promotion at work. That’s what friends do, right? But what should have been a quick, quiet affair starts to look like the real thing when his family shows up in the middle of the “proposal.” Now, it’s no longer a quick stop at the courthouse during a lunch break but a full-blown wedding, and there’s nothing Josie can do to stop it. Daniel Alexander hasn’t been home in years. After fifteen years as a Navy SEAL, he’s more than ready to return to civilian life. Being away for so long, he’s missed a lot of his younger brother’s life, and it seems like he’s back just in time to stop him from making the biggest mistake of his life. No matter how he breaks it down, something’s just not adding up about this wedding, and he’s determined to figure out why. And he’s not just trying to stop it from happening because he’s finding himself wildly attracted to the bride-to-be. Josie had given up on finding her own happily ever after, and as her attraction to Daniel keeps growing, she’s suddenly regretting her decision to help out a friend. Now she just needs to decide if she wants to kiss the groom…or the groomsman.

You May Kiss the Groomsman is a romance with plenty of feels and ethical dilemmas. Josie is starting to feel left behind as those around her find their happy ever afters, and wants one of her own. However, a marriage of convenience seems her best option until a chance meeting- and then things really get complicated for her. I have to say, that while I empathized with Josie as someone that tends to go too far in helping friends and family without  considering what I want, there was more than one occasion that my frustration with her overwhelmed my concern and hope. I started dreading what would happen next. I really hated Tyler for most of the book. However, I really enjoyed Daniel's character and thought even when he was in the wrong that he was doing the best he could and owned up to his mistakes and took steps to do better. I liked the idea of the book, and I liked the secondary characters and the banter between the main players. I thought the support and friendship through out the book for everyone involved was wonderful. I think the book has a great deal going for it, however my frustration with Josie just made it hard for me to fully engage with the read. I think it will be a great read for many, but it fell a little flat for me. 

You May Kiss the Groomsman is a romance that fans of the author, and particularly this series, will want to read.

No comments: