Early Book Review: The Bat Book by Charlotte Milner

The Bat Book by Charlotte Milner is a children's nonfiction book currently scheduled for release on February 4 2020. From the way they fly, to how they communicate with one another, how they hunt, and why they sleep upside-down, each of the world's 1,300 types of bat is unique and utterly fascinating. Bats are also incredibly important to the environment. As well as gobbling up pests, and spreading seeds through the forests, they also pollinate more than 500 different species of plants throughout the world, including some of our favorite fruits such as mangoes and bananas.
The Bat Book is a book with a nice balance of illustrations and text. The text is interesting and accessible to readers from a wide range of skill levels. I love bats, and thought I knew a great deal about them. While Much of the information was a refresher for me, I still learned a great deal about bats- particularly those that do not live in my area. I really like that Milner talked about habitats, included where people and bats overlap, and how we can make it easier for bats to live. I think this would be a great addition to classroom, school, and public libraries. 

No comments: